MHPA is taking the following steps to keep you safe at our Annual Conference:
- Requiring all attendees to attest that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to registration.
- Requiring all attendees to take a COVID-19 test prior to receiving their registration badge. Those staying at the Grand Hyatt will receive a complimentary rapid test kit upon check-in. All others will receive a kit prior to registration. Each attendee will be required to show a negative status to MHPA staff before receiving conference materials. We will also accept a negative test result in the previous 48 hours.
- Enforcing Washington, DC's indoor mask mandate in all public spaces at the conference, except when eating or drinking.
- Placing tables in the Independence Ballroom five feet apart for all general sessions and reducing the number of people at each table to ensure physical distancing. Past conferences had tables 3 feet apart, and 10 seats per table. This year we will have a maximum of 7 people per table.
- Hands-Free Registration for all attendees. We will have a kiosk for those wishing to change any part of their badge, but we will provide a QR code to scan and print badges at registration without contacting the common kiosk.
- Eliminating buffet meals. Boxed breakfasts will be available for all guests, and covered/plated lunches will be provided to ensure both choice and speed for our attendees. Individual drinks will be provided as well.
- Complimentary masks and hand sanitizer will be available throughout the conference space.